Meeting Minutes, December 10th, 2019 @2:00p.m.
Present: Eileen Oldag, Tom Neale, Don Stepich, Diane Ryssel, Mary Beth Bolin, Ministerial Intern, Rick and Becky Groff
Next Meeting: January 8th, 2020 @10:00a.m.
- January 19th, 2020 Sunday message for MLK day by Reverend Sara and mention of 8th Principle status
- Idea pulled from Collective Thriving Conference to start story circles. A trust building exercise. UUA The Liberation Conversations. Discussed utilizing this tool for story circles.
- Black History month. Possibly encourage some sort of art project and presentation, perhaps by people of color.
- Debrief of December 2nd Implicit Bias program:
- Overall positive reviews from participants
- Back of room is difficult to hear audio
- Narrow the subject and offer more time to process
- Racial Justice Ministry Path to Racial Allyship Series dates and topics:
- 11/04/19 White Privilege (Don and Tom)
- 12/02/19 Implicit Bias/Good and Bad Binary (Eileen and Diane)
- 02/03/20 White Fragility (Diane)
- 03/02/20 Intersectionality (Tom)
- 04/06/20 Systemic Racism (Don)
- 05/04/20 The Pillars of White Culture (Eileen)
- Don will work with Jim Bigelow regarding uploading RJM materials online.
- Tom, Eileen, Don, and Diane will do a small write up for each program in 2020. Simplify titles. Submit to Eileen before Christmas holiday.
- Diane contact Debra Smith about a congregational read.
Ongoing Team Focus:
Short videos for discussion
Fund raising options
Offering a book series Waking up Whiteand Finding Myself in the Story of Race, by Debby Irving (Eileen)
Handouts and media sources