Present: Eileen Oldag, Tom Neale, Don Stepich, Diane Ryssel, Mary Beth Bolin, Reverend Sara
Next Meeting: February 19, 2020@11:00a.m.
Path to Racial Allyship program Intersectionality 3/02/20 6:30-8:30p.m.
- Overall positive evaluation for White Fragility program. Consider more time for discussion. Encourage couples to split up and mingle with others in order to increase potential for expanded dialogue.
- Discussion regarding seeking an invitation to put on a presentation for the BUUF humanist group.
- Group consensus not to continue sponsoring the Changing Spaces Webinar. Nancy will be notified to make note in the bulletin, and interested folks will be encouraged to participate individually.
- Reverend Sara joined the discussion for the Multicultural Transformation Day. Reverend Junipher would facilitate a Saturday workshop, possibly followed with a Sunday message. The Inter Cultural Development Inventory (IDI) would be administered to willing participants. Participant costs for workshop would be $30-35.00. May also partner with Magic Valley. Dates selected and to be confirmed: 10/03 and 10/04/20.
- “The Wassmuth Center for Human Rights offers a Human Rights Certification Program. The program is open to individuals, costs $35, and is completed online. It’s independent learning so it can be completed at your own pace. The program is 36 hours long, including a pre-test, post-test, and 6 one-hour modules with the themes of diversity, inclusion, ethics, civility, respect, and be an upstander. Each module includes 6 ten-minute segments.” (This was a point of discussion, and determined that it can be taken individually by anyone interested).
- Racial Justice Ministry Path to Racial Allyship Series dates and topics:
- 11/04/19 White Privilege (Don and Tom)
- 12/02/19 Implicit Bias/Good and Bad Binary (Eileen and Diane)
- 02/03/20 White Fragility (Diane)
- 03/02/20 Intersectionality (Tom)
- 04/06/20 Systemic Racism (Don)
- 05/04/20 The Pillars of White Culture (Eileen)
Ongoing Team Focus:
Short videos for discussion
Fund raising options
Offering a book series Waking up Whiteand Finding Myself in the Story of Race, by Debby Irving (Eileen)
Handouts and media sources