September 3rd, 2019 @ 10a.m.
|Present:||Eileen Oldag, Thomas Neale, Don Stepich, Diane Ryssel|
|Next meeting:||September 12th, 2019 @ 9:30.m. at Tom and Eileen’s home|
Indigenous Peoples Day Event October 14th,2019 from 6:30 to 8:30p.m.
Sage Meeting October 10th, 2019 from 9:00 to 10:00a.m.
Indigenous Peoples Day (IDP): Tom offered an agenda for the evening event. It was reviewed with suggestions offered for the order of presentations during the evening. Further review will continue at next meeting. Eileen plans to meet with Tess and discuss promotion ideas for this and future events.
Sage meeting: Consensus received to do a word learning meeting. For instance, how is racism different than prejudice and bias? Color conscious rather than color blind. Introduce newer words and definitions, such as microaggression, intersectionality, etc. Each person taking a word and defining.
Pamphlet this Eileen is working on will include, IDP, Elizabeth Greene’s topic and message date, course dates, and 8th principle. Quote to be used by Maya Angelo: “I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better.”
- Diane will email Reverend Greene regarding her message topic, and inclusion of the IDP event in her message.
- Diane will email team information from Robin Di Angelo regarding how to effectively run and manage discussion groups.
- Tom will revise IDP agenda for review next meeting.
- Eileen will continue to work on the design of the RJM pamphlet with plans to meet with Tess for details regarding production and promotion of the pamphlet and RJM events.
- Don will generate a list of words to be used as a handout. Others are encouraged to offer words that would be appropriate for the list.
- Don will send the 8th principle to Jim Bigelow.
- All members will continue to research materials that may support and facilitate launching this ministry.
Ongoing Team Focus:
- Indigenous Peoples Day event
- Short videos for discussion
- Reverend Greene’s October 6th message
- 8th principle
- Recruiting other speakers
- Brochure and postcard
- Advertising Events
- Fund raising options
- Program development for series presentations
- Offering a book series Waking up White in the spring (Eileen)