Minutes – Board Meeting
Boise Unitarian Universalist Fellowship
December 15, 2016
6200 Garrett Street, Garden City, Idaho
Board Members: Sarah Bratley, Craig Raese, Gwyn Reid, Lori Watsen, Marcia Lyons, Linden Boice, George Raino
Via Video: Matthew Sabin
Not Present: Sue Langley
Other: Reverend Sara LaWall
Board Member(s) Not Present: George Raino
|Motion||201612151||Accept Consent Agenda
o Minutes – November 17, 2016 Board Meeting
o Treasurer’s Report
o Minister’s Report
o PMC Report
o Director of Religious Exploration Report, including addendum
o President’s Report
Move to Accept with two verbal additions for Minister’s Report ((1) Switching janitorial companies – monthly fees will go up; (2) Procured video copyright license) and delete PMC Report (not received). Sue Langley
|Seconded (Craig Raese) and passed by unanimous voice vote
6:50 Business Meeting
- Consent Agenda – Vote Required (10 minutes)
- Minutes – November Board Meeting
- Treasurer’s Report
- Minister’s Report
- PMC Report
- Director of Religious Exploration Report
- President’s Report
- Questions/Discussion of Consent Agenda Items
7:00 Discussion Items
Government Task Force – Review & discuss Church Membership Policy, Governance Process Policy, Sections GP 1.4 – GP 22.214.171.124 (30 minutes)
- Beginning Budget Discussion (15 minutes)
What are key mission-driven things we want to accomplish and prioritize?
How can we facilitate and encourage a mission-driven budget process?
- Ends Evaluation Discussion: (15 minutes)
What would be in place, what would be happening that would make us as a board feel confident to say that BUUF has achieved “exemplary” status of achieving our two Ends statements of focus?
- A congregation of integrity – where we apply transparency in our governance and ministry in order to build trust and to preserve the integrity of our democratic process.
- A welcoming community – with easily discoverable pathways to participation for newcomers and others who seek to deepen their engagement.
- Denominational Connections (10 minutes)
- How can we involve congregation in UUA elections? GA? How should we recruit, encourage, support attendance and select/assign delegates?
- World Café – Topic Brainstorming (5 minutes)
- Executive Session (10-15 minutes)