Minutes – Board Meeting
Boise Unitarian Universalist Fellowship
February 16, 2017
6200 Garrett Street, Garden City, Idaho
Board Members: Linden Boice, Craig Raese, Sarah Bratley, Sue Langley, Lori Watsen, Gwyn Reid, Matthew Sabin, George Raino, Marcia Lyons
Other: Reverend Sara LaWall, Robert Huntley, Judy Holcomb, Warren Bean
|Motion||20170216-1||Accept Consent Agenda.
o Minutes – January 19, 2017 Board Meeting
o Treasurer’s Report
o Minister’s Report
o Director of Religious Exploration Report,
o President’s Report
Move to Accept excluding the portion of the minister’s report discussing maintenance – Gwyn Reid
|Seconded (Sarah Bratley) and passed by unanimous voice vote
The information regarding maintenance will be included in a future Minister’s report.
|Motion||20170216-2||Move to authorize Lori Watsen to arrange a date for the “Next Steps Weekend” and contract with Stewardship for Us.
|Seconded (George Raino)
Passed by unanimous voice vote.
6:50 Business Meeting
- Consent Agenda – Vote Required (10 minutes)
- Minutes – December Board Meeting
- Treasurer’s Report
- Minister’s Report
- Director of Religious Exploration Report
- President’s Report
- Questions/Discussion of Consent Agenda Items
7:00 Discussion Items
- Conversation with Bob Huntley (20 minutes)
- Strategic Planning (20 minutes)
Next steps for preparing to plan: what data do we need to collect & compile? When should we convene a task force? Discuss enlisting support from Stewardship for Us by scheduling a Next Steps Weekend.
- Budget Priorities (10 minutes)
- Review/affirm priorities already identified (Possible action item / vote)
- Endowment Fund Resolution (10 minutes)
- Discuss proposed edits / changes
- Any additional concerns / feedback to pass along to the committee
- Congregational Gathering – Final planning (10 minutes)
- Executive Session (15-20 minutes)