Director of Administration
We are a vibrant, progressive religious community of approximately 300 members, located in Garden City. We are dedicated to the values of justice, equity, and compassion and seek to enact them within our fellowship and the wider world. We are a welcoming congregation for seekers regardless of race, class, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or ability.
We are seeking qualified candidates for a 3/4 time (30 hours a week) Congregational Administrator. This position plays a key role in the total management process of the church, is expected to participate in decision-making activities affecting the operations of the church, is a member of the administrative staff team and has regular interaction with all levels of church management including the Ministers, Church Officers and members of the Board (Full job description below).
Please take time to familiarize yourself with our Fellowship by perusing this website (www.boiseuu.org).
To be considered for the position please E-mail a cover letter, resume (work history), contact information and three names of reference to:
Position open until filled. Please, no phone calls.
Position Description – The Director of Administration is responsible for a broad variety of functions for the smooth operation of the church program with minimal guidance by the minister. The position manages office procedures, facilities, schedules, purchasing, preparation of budgets, and bookkeeping services. This position will possess strong computer skills in office, finance, and database software; handle all financial processes including payroll, accounts payable and charitable giving; prepare reports and recommendations to the governing board and minister; contribute to creation and implementation of administrative policies and procedures, and may supervise staff. This position is a 30 hours/week position beginning March 2019. Salary is approximately $30,000 for 3/4 time per year with pro-rated benefits. Benefits include vacation, sick leave, partial health insurance benefit, life and disability insurance, and retirement program benefits. A background check is required.
Responsibilities and tasks include but are not limited to the following: (Some of these functions may be performed by other staff and supervised by the Congregational Administrator)
Accounts payable and receivable; bookkeeping functions; budget development; cash management; financial reporting; Annual Pledge Drive Support
Supervise administrative functions and staff including office volunteers; purchase and maintain office-equipment, telephone system, and computer system; Human Resource management, including benefits administration, payroll processing, and tax reporting, act as resource on personnel policy and regulation issues; personnel management, including recruitment, supervision, education, disciplinary action, termination, workers’ compensation claim management; governmental compliance for County, State, and Federal issues, personnel rules and regulations, business license, nonprofit status, etc.; oversee preparation of annual report; policy and procedure development, implementation and monitoring; training; UUA and district reporting requirements
Building and Grounds management; Annual and major maintenance; Equipment replacement and repair; supervise facility usage, master calendar scheduling, outside contracts, supervise Building and Grounds Coordinator, custodial contract; insurance and risk management; safety and security management including needs identification, training development and implementation, and coordination with local police, fire, and other emergency agencies
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and ends of Boise UU Fellowship
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Management, Finance, or related field
- Strong background and work experience in business management and finance
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, QuickBooks, and database management software
- Proficient knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness, operations management, and implementing best practices
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative management style
- Budget development and oversight experience
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Knowledge of tax and other compliance implications on non-profit status
- Excels at operating in a fast-paced community environment
- Commitment to getting the job done
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Persuasive with details and facts
- Delegates responsibilities effectively
Employer – The Boise Unitarian Universalist Fellowship (BUUF), is located at 6200 Garrett Street in Garden City. It employs a full-time Minister and four other staff. BUUF is an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of ability, experience, and character necessary for the job without discrimination in regard to age, gender, affectional orientation, race, creed, national origin, marital status, gender identification or physical disability. We are a liberal religious community. To be considered for the position please E-mail a cover letter, resume (work history), contact information and three names of reference to Rev. Sara LaWall Please, no phone calls.