Minutes – Board Meeting
Boise Unitarian Universalist Fellowship
January 19, 2017
6200 Garrett Street, Garden City, Idaho
Board Members: Sarah Bratley, Craig Raese, Gwyn Reid, Lori Watsen, Marcia Lyons, Linden Boice, George Raino, Matthew Sabin, Sue Langley
Other: Reverend Sara LaWall
|Motion||20170119-1||Accept Consent Agenda
o Minutes – December 15, 2017 Board Meeting
o Treasurer’s Report
o Minister’s Report
o Director of Religious Exploration Report,
o President’s Report
Move to Accept Gwyn Reid
|Seconded (Marcia Lyons) and passed by unanimous voice vote
|Motion||20170119-2||Move to affirm draft of Board of Directors Job Description with minor modifications.
|Seconded (Linden Boice)
Remove “adhere to covenant” passed by unanimous voice vote
|Motion||20170119-3||Move to accept the recommendation of the Fundraising Committee for the auction appeal -Interiors Improvements.
Passed – with one abstention
6:50 Business Meeting
- Consent Agenda – Vote Required (10 minutes)
- Minutes – December Board Meeting
- Treasurer’s Report
- Minister’s Report
- Director of Religious Exploration Report
- President’s Report
- Questions/Discussion of Consent Agenda Items
7:00 Action Items
- Vote to affirm draft (or final working copy) of Board of Directors Job Description Policy. This will be shared with the Nominating committee to help guide their process (10 minutes)
- Vote to approve recommended cause/recipient for Auction Special Appeal (10 minutes)
7:20 Discussion Items
- World Café – February 19, Pizza @ 1, Begin @ 1:30? (20 minutes)
- Planning, Delegation of tasks
- Topic: UUA Election, Denominational Connections
- Budget Priorities and hopes for process, review & discuss (20 minutes)
- Review/affirm priorities identified at last month’s meeting
- Staffing: Administrator, Shared Intern, both?
- What roles would we envision for each? Where do we see the most need? How do we “sell” the need?
- Develop plan for communicating priorities to: Stewardship/AGD, finance, PMC, others?
- Preparing for Strategic Planning: Thought process, timing, planning, tasks (20 minutes)
- What is our overall goal for a strategic plan?
- What are three desired outcomes?
- Executive Session (10-15 minutes)