May 20, 2021
Board Members: Tom von Alten, Sarah Cox, Elaine Daly, Eileen Geddings, Rachel Murphy, Elizabeth Pirie, Cathy Sherman, Scott Smith, Mark Zimmerer
Rev. Sara LaWall, Rachel Strong
|Board Action||20210520-1||Accept Consent Agenda||Moved: Tom v. Second: Rachel M. Motion Carried|
|Board Action||20210520-2||Reopening* (full text of the motion below)||Moved – Rachel M. Second – Sarah C. Motion Carried|
|Board Action||20210520-3||Allocate additional funds for the completion of the AV project||Moved – Rachel M. Second – Sarah C. Motion Carried|
*Motion made (20210520-2)
Move that we proceed to reopen at modified Level 2 of our plan effective immediately with the following provisions:
– Group size of 10 or fewer indoors, 50 or fewer outdoors
– Must wear masks indoors, masks recommended outdoors
– Someone must be identified to keep track of all attendees and their contact information in case of
need for contact tracing
– Will otherwise follow CDC guidelines
- Honor for Schwartzman’s who are moving from Boise
Naming the Mesku scholarship in their honor was initially proposed, however, the future of the scholarship is not certain. Other ideas include renaming the Book of Remembrance’s to Book of Schwartzman’s with an annual awards ceremony and/or naming the lawn mower in honor of Alan. Sarah Cox will bring back a proposal.
- Gift for Elizabeth Greene (for her husband’s passing)
Use Board’s and Minister’s discretionary funds to contribute towards the purchase of a plane ticket to Australia so she can visit family.
- Gift for Harriet Shaklee who is moving from Boise
One-year pass to the Chinese Gardens and gift certificate to the tea room. Board members to donate if they wish. Scott will purchase.
- Allocation of $5000 in additional funds to complete the AV project
It was agreed that this was necessary to complete the full vision of the AV project (one main purpose of the project is to continue streaming quality worship services). The entire $5000 may not be needed.
Motion made (20210520-3)
Move that $5000 in additional funds from reserves be allocated to the AV project.
- Bylaws Update – Final big picture
- Rachel and Elizabeth are both ending their Board terms but will be available to help complete the re-write.
- Reiterated need for several Board policies (from the Board) and procedure (from Committees, staff, etc.) to be written. The list is in the project folder.
- Board members are to continue reviewing the draft and making suggestions.
- Single worship service
It was felt that the worship team was best suited to discuss this in depth. They will be asked to present a recommendation to the Board.
- Board retreat (2021/2022)
- Possibly in-person
- Topics focused on education about how the Board operates and current Board projects (for new members and refresh for existing).
Incoming president Sarah Cox and Rev. Sara will create the agenda and possible dates.