Minutes – Board Meeting
Boise Unitarian Universalist Fellowship
September 20, 2018
6200 Garrett Street, Garden City, Idaho
Board Members: Tom von Alten, Rachel Murphy, Matthew Sabin, Harriet Shaklee, Elizabeth Pirie, Gwyn Reid, Sandy Cruise
Other: Rev. Sara LaWall
Board Members not Present: Sue Stadler, George Raino
|20180920-1||Moved Treasurer’s report from Consent Agenda to discussion item.
Accept Consent Agenda minus Treasurer’s report.
|Moved: Tom von Alten
|20180920-2||Accept Harriet Shaklee’s legacy gift as outlined in her August 27,2018 letter to the BUUF Board and the forms submitted to the “Wake Now Our Vision” campaign.
Seconded: Rachel Murphy
Harriet Shaklee abstained
|20180920-3||Budget adjustment motion from Treasurer
To reflect changes to Religious Exploration staff; the final total of pledged contributions; and the added
expense from last month’s decision to increase the computer maintenance budget:
Increase the DRE professional expense budget by $914, from $2,500 to $3,414;
Increase the income budget for pledges, less 5% allowance for cancellations from $304,950 to
313,370 (with $329,867 pledges tallied);
Reduce the expected deficit make-up Douglas Fund transfer to match the resulting estimated
deficit of $3,061.
Note that this is a net reduction of the budget deficit from $7,481.
Seconded: Gwyn Reid
|Motion||20180920-4||Offer the larger manufactured home on the Douglas property as a rental under the CATCH program.
Note: CATCH = non profit Charitable Assistance to the Community’s Homeless
The property will be offered for rent at the same rate as the current renter is paying
HUD approval will be required for the property to be an eligible rental under the CATCH program.
Seconded: Sandy Cruise
Consent Agenda – Vote Required (15 minutes)
- Minutes – August 16, 2018 Board Meeting
- Minister’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report (Note – moved from Consent Agenda to regular agenda)
- Questions/Discussion of Consent Agenda Items
- Legacy Gift – Harriet Shaklee (10 minutes)
Board motion to accept Harriet Shaklee’s legacy gift as outlined in her August 27, 2018 letter to the BUUF Board and the forms submitted to the “Wake Now Our Vision” campaign.
Discussion Items —
- Douglas Property Potential for Current Year Action (15 minutes)
- October 7 – Fall Congregational Meeting Agenda (10 minutes)
- Engaging Space Task Force – Harriet (20 minutes)
- Charge for Task Force
- Process for selecting members
Break – 5 to 10 minutes
- Review of World Café – Discussion – What is Board’s responsibility (15 minutes)
- Mortgage Retirement Party (15 minutes)