Part-time Audio/Visual Tech Coordinator
|To support our commitment to offering high quality in-person and|
virtual services simultaneously, we’re seeking an A/V Tech Coordinator
to help us utilize and integrate audio & visual technology.
Please feel free to share this widely in your personal networks.
Full job description below.
BUUF is seeking qualified candidates for a 1/4 time (10 hours per week) Audio/Visual Tech Coordinator responsible for managing, collaboratively, the audio, video and other technical support for our multi-media, streamed and/or live Sunday Worship. This position plays a key role in the overall delivery and quality of worship services helping integrate all technology needs (full job description below).
Please take time to familiarize yourself with our Fellowship at boiseuu.org.
To be considered for the position please E-mail a cover letter, resume (with relevant work history and employment dates), contact information and three names of reference to Rev. Sara LaWall. Please, no phone calls.
The A/V Tech Coordinator will serve as a technical director (of sorts) for worship services, supporting & running tech needs (audio & video) for both the live service and virtual streaming option. The Coordinator will recruit, schedule, and supervise a team of volunteers to help support the technical needs during Sunday service. A successful candidate will be able to troubleshoot audio systems, video systems, computers, and computer networks. They will have a strong aesthetic sense for audio and video composition and the technical ability to act upon that sense in a timely manner.
They will be able to communicate effectively and cordially
with staff, church members, and guests,
based upon an abiding respect and appreciation
for the inherent worth and dignity of every person.
Throughout the pandemic we have worshipped live on Zoom, incorporating new visual imagery, such as static slides, pre-recorded music videos, in addition to live music performances. We wish to continue incorporating these visual and video elements into our service when we return to in-person worship. We are new to using tech for live streaming and projection and we will have new A/V equipment to learn and grow with. We hope to hire a Tech Coordinator who will help us learn how to use this new equipment and integrate it smoothly into our services.
To view our virtual services, visit our YouTube Channel.
This position is budgeted for 10 hours/week beginning July 2021. Compensation is between $15.00 – $18.00 per hour, based upon experience. Sundays are required and the work will likely be weekend heavy. The primary focus is Sunday morning Worship, but the Coordinator may be asked to handle occasional large events and virtual tech needs for small groups & classes (as available and fits into work schedule). We hope this position will grow in time and scope as our technology needs and congregation grow. This position reports directly to the minister
and will work closely and collaboratively
with the Music Director, Worship Team/Leaders,
and other A/V volunteers.
This position is not eligible for additional benefits at this time.
A background check is required.
Responsibilities and tasks include but are not limited to the following:
* Physical presence each Sunday (4 hours typically) at the church to coordinate the set-up, operation, and maintenance of equipment used to enhance and stream live worship services including microphones, video cameras, projection, sound mixing equipment,
and A/V playback/recording devices.
Alerts church office if major repairs are needed.
* Coordinate and integrate additional tech as needed,
* Maintain equipment and software as needed,
* Troubleshoot technical issues that arise,
* Staying connected with current trends and technology changes in A/V systems and particularly in the wider UU world and with other churches.
* Create/ monitor audio mixes for all uses and needs (live, virtual, hearing impaired).
* Recruit, train, and coordinate A/V tech volunteer pool to support additional needs and provide coverage as needed.
* Record weekly service & sermons (audio & video) for reproduction on church website, podcasts, etc..
* Coordinate and support slideshow presentation with the Order of Service (Hymns, responses, etc.) for all services.
* Purchase, test, and/or return (if necessary) new equipment (with supervisory & budgetary approval),
* Manage files/records of A/V recordings and activity.
* Commitment to the mission, vision, and ends of Boise UU Fellowship.
* Experience and proven success in managing multimedia audio/visual needs for large events.
* Familiarity with both analog and digital soundboards.
* Willingness to learn, troubleshoot, and evolve with new software and/or hardware and ever-changing technology for multimedia systems.
* Bachelor Degree/ Background in related field helpful (not required).
* Excellent computer skills and proficient in google platforms (drive, docs, sheets, jamboard); Knowledge of graphic design a plus (we use Canva).
* Collaborative, flexible work style, with ability to pivot and handle last minute changes without getting fixated on mistakes.
* Ability to cultivate a non-anxious, warm presence in creating and holding spiritual container of Sunday morning worship.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact with volunteers, congregants, and staff, often under deadline pressure.
* A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
* Excels at operating in a fast-paced community environment.
* Commitment to get the job done, persuasive with details and facts, ability to look at situations from several points of view.
* Delegates responsibilities effectively.
The employer, Boise Unitarian Universalist Fellowship (BUUF), is located at 6200 Garrett Street in Garden City. It employs a full time Minister, and five other staff. BUUF is an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of ability, experience, and character necessary for the job without discrimination in regard to age, gender, affectional orientation, race, creed, national origin, marital status, gender identification or physical disability. We are a liberal religious community.
To be considered for the position, please e-mail a cover letter, resume (with relevant work history and employment dates), contact information and three names of reference to: Rev. Sara LaWall, email@example.com.
Target start date: July 2021.
Open until filled.