Memorial Services and Funerals
Services that honor deceased loved ones are personal and powerful occasions. At the Boise Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, the family of the deceased and our minister work together to create meaningful memorial services. A service might include the following elements:
- A chalice/candle lighting and opening words
- A eulogy;
- Poems and other readings;
- Prayer or meditation;
- Remembrances from family, friends, and attendees;
- Hymn singing or other music;
- A time for personal reflection.
Our Congregational Care Team serves the community by offering logistical and reception support for memorial services of those unaffiliated with our congregation.
Contact Rev. Sara if you would like her or one of our affiliated ministers to design and officiate a memorial service or funeral.